Discover the Mauritshuis collection in a unique way. Visit the museum with one of our guides.
Guided tours practical information
- request at least 2 weeks in advance
- start between 10:30 AM and 4:30 PM
- maximum 15 visitors per tour
- various languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and Norwegian.
- about 1 hour
- cost: guided tour of Mauritshuis € 100; guided tour of Prince William V Gallery € 65.
- payment at the cash desk (cash, PIN, credit card)
- you may guide your own group (maximum 15 persons per group), but please register as a group in advance ( no entrance fee for the guide)
Guided tour Highlights
See the highlights of the Mauritshuis collection with one of our tour guides. The programme includes world-famous paintings, such as The Anatomy Lesson by Rembrandt, Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring and The Bull by Paulus Potter. Discover why the paintings of the Golden Age are so special.
Guided tour of Prince William V Gallery
The Prince William V Gallery is a hidden treasure in the historical centre of The Hague. Stadholder Prince William V of Orange-Nassau had the room built in 1774 in order to exhibit his paintings. During the guided tour, you will be introduced to this regal collection.
In the Mauritshuis App you will find information about all the paintings in the museum. The most important works of art feature an exciting audio guide, illustrated with photos and films. You can choose between a short tour along the highlights, dive deeper into the Golden Age, or go seek out your favourite paintings yourself.
Download the free Mauritshuis App and visit the Mauritshuis with your smartphone. If you don't have a smartphone, you may hire a device at the museum.
The app is available in Dutch and English. Our Highlight Tour is also available in German, French, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.
Custom guided tours
Do you have special requests? We will be happy to help plan a custom tour for you.