Children under 12
The Mauritshuis in the centre of The Hague is currently being renovated. But the museum is still active and visible! Until mid-2014, Masterpieces from the Mauritshuis will be on display in the Gemeentemuseum Den Haag.
'A Voyage of Discovery' (interactive guided tour)
A museum educator will receive the pupils and take them past the most exciting, fun and beautiful paintings from the Mauritshuis. Instead of just looking, the children also get to handle objects such as artist materials, spices and costume accessories. This brings the paintings to life. By leading educational discussions, the museum educator creates the story together with the pupils.
For whom: children from primary school groups 3 to 8
Form of visit: 60-minute interactive guided tour
Group size: maximum of 15 pupils
- become acquainted with the concept of a museum
- become acquainted with the existence of old paintings
- become acquainted with living habits in days gone past
- learn to look closely at paintings
- learn to listen, understand, have a conversation, answer questions and formulate answers
- experience the seventeenth century through objects that bring history to life
Would you like to make a reservation or receive more information?
Please contact the museum's Education Department
- +31 (0)70 302 3436