Go on your own adventure and discover the most beautiful, exciting and funniest pictures from the museum with the Family activity package or the Golden Tour.
Family activity package
A bag filled with fun games, assignments, poems, and music for the whole family. The best way to playfully discover the world-famous paintings of the Mauritshuis.
- Target group: from 4 years old.
- Cost: € 3,50 per child
- Available at the ticket desk of the museum.
The Golden Tour
Young people discover the Mauritshuis with a multimedia tour filled with engaging questions and interesting short films. After a visit with this app, you will look at the paintings from the Golden Age very differently.
- Target group: from 13 years
- Duration: 45 minutes
- The Golden Tour is part of the Mauritshuis app. It can be downloaded for free in the App Store and on Google Play. For those without a smartphone, a device may be rented at the ticket desk of the Mauritshuis for 3.50 euros per player.
Guided tour and workshop: make your own flip book
In this workshop, we will first be taking a closer look at Stubbs’ wonderful painted horses. The horses on these pictures aren’t going anywhere, they’re completely motionless. But in this workshop, we can bring them to life in our own flip books!
- Dates: 30 April, 3 May
- Tijd: 13.00 - 14.30 uur
- Time: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Target audience: ages 8 and over
- Cost: 7 euros
- Language of communication: Dutch
Open Art Workshop: Make your own George Stubbs!
George Stubbs was the leading horse portraitist in England. Draw inspiration from his masterpieces and make a lovely painting for yourself. Horses of all shapes and sizes are waiting to be immortalised by your hand!
- Dates: 1, 15 and 19 March; 12 and 26 April; 10 and 24 May
- Time: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. and 23 February: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- No need to make a reservation
- Target audience: Anyone who’s in the mood for painting
- Cost: free of charge
- Languages of communication: Dutch and English