Stay safe during your visit to the Mauritshuis
Welcome – we’re delighted to have you back!
To visit the Mauritshuis, tickets need to be reserved in advance. Book your tickets.
We kindly ask you to read through the following rules before visiting our museum. Feel free to call us (070- 302 34 56) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Prior to their visit
- Whenever possible, please travel to the museum by your own means.
- Visit the museum alone, accompanied by your partner or with children from your household.
- Wherever possible, leave bags and – weather allowing – coats at home. As a temporary precaution, visitors will not be able to use our luggage lockers. However, you can still leave your belongings at our manned wardrobe.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accept suitcases, trolleys, and other travel luggage. At The Hague Central station, you will find spacious lockers where you may leave your luggage.
- Tickets need to be reserved in advance. This can be done via our website www.mauritshuis.nl.
- As a temporary measure, we are not selling Museumkaarten (museum cards) at the museum desk. However, you can still order a Museumkaart online via the website Museumkaart.nl.
Regarding time slots and booking tickets
- We have four time slots per hour (with slots starting on the hour, quarter past, half past and a quarter to) for the start of your visit. This allows us to optimally spread out visitor traffic through the museum. We have not set a maximum duration for individual visits.
- Are you unable to visit the museum at your selected time slot? Please get in touch with us beforehand by phoning tel. 070- 302 34 56.
- Do you still have a valid e-ticket for the Mauritshuis without a time slot? In that case, go online to book the accompanying time slot (free of charge). Please note: you will need to take along both tickets during your visit.
- You will also need to book a time slot (free of charge) for your visit if you have a Museumkaart, Rembrandtpas, ICOM or BankGiro Loterij VIP-KAART. Please note: you will need to take along both your discount card and your time slot ticket during your visit.
- Are you planning to visit the museum with a Holland Pass or Ooievaarspas? Or are you accompanying a wheelchair user? In that case, please get in touch with us beforehand by phoning tel. 070- 302 34 56. These tickets need to be separately processed at our reception desk. We will gladly arrange for our desk to be manned at the agreed time.
- Visitors who do not have access to a computer can call us on tel. 070- 302 34 56.
During the actual visit
- Visitors are not required to wear a face mask.
- We are unable to offer guided tours at this point.
- At any given time, no more than 110 visitors are allowed inside the museum building as a whole.
- Visitors are free to follow their own route through the museum, provided they adhere to the 1.5 metre distancing rule. The museum has set a personal space of 10 m² for each visitor.
- If you are visiting the museum with children under 18, please clearly agree among yourselves which parent will be supervising which child or children.
- You are free to use the museum toilets, which are cleaned according to a regular schedule.
- Wheelchair users are welcome to take along a companion who can push their wheelchair. This is done at their own risk.
- Visitors who are unable to use the stairs are allowed to use our lifts. Only one person may use the lift at a time.
- The Shop and Brasserie are both open. Visitors and staff are required to adhere to the 1.5 metre distancing rule.