The Mauritshuis is temporarily closed: frequently asked questions
In connection with the nationally tightened Corona measures, we will unfortunately have to keep the doors of the Royal Picture Gallery Mauritshuis closed again until further notice. We will keep you posted on our website, newsletter and social media channels.
Did you know we are the first museum in the world to have been fully digitised in gigapixel format? Visit the museum online.
If you have a visit or group reservation planned, please view our measures regarding the second Corona closure below.
- How long will the museum be closed? When can I physically visit the Mauritshuis again?
As soon as we know for sure when we can reopen the doors of our museum, we will announce this on our website.
Fortunately, you can still visit the Mauritshuis from home for as long as the museum is closed via mauritshuis.nl/en/virtual.
- Can you be reached by phone and e-mail?
We will remain available for all your questions. You can reach us by telephone and e-mail between 09:00 and 18:00 on +31 70 3023456 and email@example.com.
- I booked a ticket for this period, what happens now?
Please keep an eye on your mailbox. Visitors who booked a ticket will receive more information from us within a few days.
For more information about purchased tickets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I book a new ticket now for after the closure?
This is currently not possible. As soon as we are very certain that we can open our doors again, we will make our tickets available online again and you can reserve your new time slot. Please keep a close eye on our website.
- What about the exhibition Fleeting - Scents in Colour?
We are preparing for our upcoming exhibition Fleeting - Scents in colour (original exhibition duration: 11 February - 6 June). Unfortunately the opening of this exhibition will be later than planned. We will keep you posted about the latest developments on our website.
- Should the museum reopen, can I visit it safely?
Yes. We take extra measures to ensure that everyone can visit the museum in a safe and pleasant way. In addition, we continuously monitor whether we need to make additional adjustments.
- I booked a tour/workshop as a private individual/school/organisation. What happens now?
You will receive a message from our planners by e-mail. They will coordinate a new date with you after the closure.
- I have organised an event with you. What happens now?
Our Sales department will contact you. They will discuss the options for a new date with you.
- I am looking for materials that I can use to teach my students, at school or offline, about the Mauritshuis and art from the 17th century. Are such materials available?
Yes, these are available. On our website, you can find a lot of online material, for example via Mauritshuis at Home and Mauritshuis for children.
- Does the Mauritshuis also offer lessons for schools on location, so at the school itself? Or can you provide digital lessons, for example?
We are currently looking into whether this is possible. If you are interested, please send your request to email@example.com. Our planners will then contact you to see what we can arrange.
- Does the Mauritshuis also offer digital guided tours?
Yes, this is possible. If you are interested, send us an application via firstname.lastname@example.org.