- Your artwork is a unique, personal version of The Girl with the Pearl Earring (without being obscene, racist, insulting, or offensive in any other way).
- Your digital creation meets the stated technical requirements.
- The Mauritshuis is permitted to exhibit and publish your artwork (at the museum, online and on social media as well as through other PR and Marketing communications).
- The Mauritshuis is permitted to use your personal data (first name, age, country) for the exhibition in the museum and online, as well as on social media channels.
- The organisation of My Girl with a Pearl is permitted to use your email address for communications concerning the campaign.
- You defend the Mauritshuis and all parties concerned with My Girl with a Pearl against any infringement claims by third parties, concerning intellectual property.
- An image file (no video)
- JPG / PNG / PDF
- Maximum file size 5 MB
- Portrait orientation
Participation / registration
- Participation is free.
- Registration closes at 15th of January 2023.
- The open call is open to everyone (natural persons and organisations).
- You can submit one artwork together, which then counts as a single entry competing for a spot at the Mauritshuis.
- You can participate as many times as you like. For every new entry, you should submit a separate registration form.
- The organisation of My Girl with a Pearl is permitted to exclude entries that do not comply with the conditions of participation.
- You are personally responsible for the correct uploading of your document. If needed, the Mauritshuis is permitted to crop and/or edit the document.
Submitting your artwork
- Participating is primarily possible by submitting a completed, digital form through the website of the Mauritshuis.
- Upload the artwork as a digital document with an JPG/PNG/PDF extension, using the digital form on the website of the Mauritshuis.
- In addition, you post your personal creation on Instagram, using the hashtag #mygirlwithapearl and tags @mygirlwithapearl and @mauritshuis_museum.
- From the entries, the Mauritshuis selects 170 artworks that will be exhibited at the museum.
- The selected artworks will be exhibited for the duration of one week, in a digital frame in the Vermeer room of the Mauritshuis.
- If your creation is selected for the exhibition at the Mauritshuis, you are notified by the Mauritshuis one week in advance. You will receive free entry for two people, to see your creation with your own eyes.
- All the artworks that meet the requirements and that you have posted on Instagram, will be part of the online presentation at mauritshuis.nl.
- Through submitting your document, you guarantee that your entry is a unique, personal creation that does not violate any third-party rights, like copyrights, design rights and trademark rights. In addition, you defend the Mauritshuis against any claims by third parties, stating they have prior rights concerning your artwork.
- The copyright of the artwork is owned by the artist. Through uploading the digital document, you grant the Mauritshuis permission to exhibit the artwork as part of the My Girl with a Pearl campaign.
- No correspondence will take place concerning the selection for the exhibition at the museum.