Summer Holidays 2020: activities at the Mauritshuis The Hague
The summer holidays have started again! Turn your visit to the museum into an enjoyable day out with fun activities. This summer too, there is lots for children to see and do at the Mauritshuis. You can explore the museum with Maurits Mouse or get to work in the Art Workshop. Combine this with a delicious lunch in the Brasserie. Entry to the museum is free for anyone aged 18 and under.
Workshop: Maurits Mouse
Meet Maurits Mouse, listen to his exciting adventures, go and look for his friends in the paintings and get to work as a real painter.
You will be accompanied by a museum educator who knows everything about the museum, and who knows Maurits Mouse really well. And of course you will meet Maurits Mouse himself, who will tell you all about the masterpieces in the museum! Together with your family, you will then go and look at the paintings independently (due to current social distancing measures), following a special Maurits Mouse route. Then it is your turn to get to work in the art workshop.
You will need to be accompanied by an adult at all times. All participants require a workshop ticket. Participants will be collected from the museum entrance by the museum educator at 9.50am.
- Dates: 20 August 2020 & 27 August 2020 (the other Maurits Mouse workshops are in Dutch)
- Duration: about 90 minutes.
- Ages: 4-6 years old (Every child needs to be accompanied by an adult.)
- Cost: €7 per person (adult/child). This ticket only provides free admission to the museum for the duration of the workshop. If you want to visit the museum after the workshop, book a ticket and/or available time slot in advance (from 11.30am).
- Children aged 18 and under enjoy free admission to the museum, but will need to book an available time slot if they want to visit the museum after the workshop.
- Maximum of 10 participants
|Thursday 20 August||10.00 AM||English||Book now - Extra workshop added due to succes|
|Thursday 27 August||10.00 AM||English||Only a few tickets left|
Open Art Workshop: Make your own George Stubbs!
Be inspired by the portraits that George Stubbs made of famous horses and then make your own horse portrait. Horses of all shapes and sizes are waiting to be painted.This activity does not need to be booked in advance. You get free access to the workshop with your museum admission ticket/time slot.
- Duration: walk in freely between 13:00 and 16:00 PM .Children can simply drop into the art workshop to paint. You do not need a special ticket.
- Age: 7-12 years (Due to current social distancing measures, only children are allowed to paint in the Art Workshop).
- Cost: Free (you do need an entrance ticket/ time slot for the museum).
- Children t/m 18 years old have free entrace to the museum but do need a free time slot.
- Due to the current measures, only children are allowed to paint in the Art Workshop.
- Familymembers / supervisors who wish to visit the museum during the workshop must be in possession of a valid entrance ticket and time slot.
|Wednesday 5 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Friday 7 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Tuesday 11 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Thursday 13 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Wednesday 19 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Thursday 20 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Friday 21 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Tuesday 25 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Wednesday 26 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
|Thursday 27 August||13.00 PM||English & Dutch|
Set off on your own adventure and discover the most beautiful, exciting and funniest paintings in the museum with the free guides and activities. Available at the service desk.